By and large, Twitter is the place which keeps me most connected. My top three networks that I’m most active in would be:
- my work, #ishcmcIB,
- my curricular network for the IB’s primary years programme, #pypchat (as well as #pypconnected),
- and the (mostly) monthly educator network, #PubPDAsia, that also has a face-to-face component as well!
Other networks that I’m apart of, yet lurk or check in a bit less frequently are:
- #isedcoach: A network for international education coaches (majority who are innovation or edtech focused in their disciplines).
- #AppleEDUchat: Mostly a network of Apple teachers and Apple Distinguished Educators sharing ideas and discourse.
- #COETAIL: I’m sure will become more used the more invested I get in the course.
- #ssislearns: Keeps me in touch with my most recent former employer, colleagues and the sharing going on in that community.
- #UBCMET: A place to connect with my Master of Educational Technology alumni from the University of British Columbia.
- #CognitaWay: My current employer is owned by Cognita; a good place to share learning and be inspired from Cognita wide events
- #ISTEcert: As an ISTE certified educator, it’s a great network to share learning and examples of the standards in practice.
What are some ways that you stay connected as an educator?